Wednesday, January 9, 2013

SELF DESCRIPTION TEST

Self  Description Test:

It is the last test under the Psychologist technique.In this test the candidate is given opportunity to give details by himself. By this,the assessors  wish to know you from you only.In this test the candidate has to write about himself according  to his close ones like his parents ,class mates and  peers.The time given for  this test is 15 minutes.So here also the candidate will have to be fast and spontaneous.

The response of the candidate for this test is forwarded to the interviewing officer who read this before the candidate enters in the interview room.So the candidate must be truthful and must write in the fair handwriting so the interviewing officer should not have any problem in reading the responses.Because in that case he will form a negative impression of yours.

Now the question arises that what is the use of such test?But the answer is very easy and deep. This test is based on the fact that the best judge of a person is the person itself.A person by himself knows better than anybody else about his strength and his weaknesses.A person who knows his strength will use it at the time it is needed and a person who knows his weaknesses can only try to overcome it.

The Test Scene:

During the test candidates have to write theier responses under four heads. They are:
  • What your parents say about you.
  • What your friends say about you.
  • What your teacher/boss/co workers say about you.
  • What you think of yourself.
The aim of this process is to assess the candidate i.e. whether he has the maturity to think and assess about them self or not.  It also gives the clear idea about oneself.  Since no body can able to tel about a person rather than the self.

 Preparation for Self Description:-

  1. Since it is like an released question paper before an exam, ask your parents, good friends, teachers about you and write it in a good paragraph.
  2. Try to write those set of paragraphs with in the stipulated time (10-15 mins)
  3. Also you think and write the good points about your parents, teachers and friends.
  4. Spend more time in writing the own self description about yourself and find the right positive and negative points about you.
  5. Try to do some works to overcome those negative points. Since the IO may ask you in the PI that what are the things you are doing to overcome your short comings.  
  6. Try to give the correct information about you.  Don't bluff or tel lies.  As it lowers your chance of getting selected.  
  7. Don't waste time by telling more about your native, school and all.  Try to show your true character in this.
Example for Self Description:-

Self Opinion:-
     I am optimistic, candid, responsible boy.  I want to do my things successfully.  I am confident with my thinking and analysis that i can able to convince my surroundings with my points.  I used to do exercise regularly to keep myself fit.  The game now iam playing is table tennis.  My hobbies are blogging.  I want to satisfy my surrounding people upto my extent and want to keep them happy.
     Things i want to improve is ,  i want to develop my technical skills, also i am working on that now by putting extra time

Friends Opinion:-
      My friends say me as practical person as i put forward my points as outspoken.  They feel happy and secured when i am with them, since i can able to handle situations easily.  They like my helping tendency in education and all.

 Teachers Opinion:-
     My teacher say me as an above average student in studies and good at obedience.  Also they like my participating attitude in extra curricular activities.  They say that i am good at mathematics and lovable person at class as i have lot of friends.

 Parents Opinion:-
     My parents say me as responsible boy as i support my family after degree by going to job and also they have a lot of affection over me for giving them a good name in the society.  They have belief over me that i wiill achive my aim to become a officer in armed forces, and they are giving full support for me to achieve that. 

1 comment:

  1. very well said .I liked it , thank you sir..

    ReplyDelete